Partner and head of Schellenberg Wittmer’s Competition Group in Zurich
David Mamane is a Partner and head of Schellenberg Wittmer’s Competition Group in Zurich. His main areas of practice are competition/antitrust law, public law and distribution agreements. He regularly advises clients in proceedings before the Swiss ComCo and is experienced in all aspects of Swiss and European competition law, including national and multi-jurisdictional merger control procedures, cartel investigations, dawn raids, internal investigations, compliance and leniency procedures.
David Mamane is a lecturer in competition law at the University of Lucerne and the co-founder of the European Competition Lawyers Association (ECLA; www.competitionlawyers.org).
David Mamane is highly recommended by the legal directories. According to Chambers “his work across the gamut of antitrust matters is praised by peers and clients” and Who’s Who Legal says that he possesses “excellent expertise in all competition matters”, is “one of the most prominent lawyers in his jurisdiction”, and “second to none in Switzerland”.
David Mamane, LL.M.
– Competition and Antitrust
– Corporate and Commercial
– Information and Communication Technology – Intellectual Property
– Administrative Law and Public Procurement – Telecommunication
– Life Sciences
- Advising in proceedings before the Swiss Competition Commission and experienced in Swiss and European competition law
- Broad experience in national and multi-jurisdictional merger control procedures, cartel and abuse of dominance investigations, dawn raids, internal investigations, compliance, and leniency procedures
- Advice to national and multinational clients on competition law aspects in exclusive and selective distribution agreements as well as licensing agreements
- Large-scale internal competition law investigations, compliance audits and trainings, e-learning, and mock dawn raids
- Telecom and energy regulation, investigations by the Price Inspector, public procurement procedures
Merger Control 2019 – Switzerland
Practical Challenges in Arbitrating Antitrust Claims 2011
New Swiss Verticals Notice: Basis for the antitrust assessment of distribution agreements
Competition Law Cooperation Agreement EU/Switzerland
Extraterritorial Reach of Swiss Competition Law: The BMW Case and Its Consequences for Worldwide Distribution Agreements